Sunday, April 10, 2011

Review: The Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason


Title: The Vampire Voss

Source: Netgalley
Series: #1 of the Regency Draculia series
Author: Colleen Gleason
Genre: Historical Paranormal Romance (Adults Only)
Synopsis from Goodreads
"Regency London – a dizzying whirl of balls and young ladies pursued by charming men.

But the Woodmore sisters are hunted by a more sinister breed: Lucifer's own.

Voss, also known as Viscount Dewhurst, relishes the sensual pleasures immortality affords. A member the Dracule – a cabal of powerful, secretive noblemen marked with a talisman that reveals their bartered souls – the mercenary Voss has remained carefully neutral ... until Angelica.

Angelica Woodmore possess the Sight, an ability invaluable to both sides of a looming war among the Dracule. Her very scent envelops Voss in a scarlet fog of hunger – for her body and her blood. But he is utterly unprepared for the new desire that overcomes him – to protect her.

Now Voss must battle his very nature to be with Angelica ... but this vampire never backs down from a fight.
"
 My Thoughts


This is the first book I've read by Colleen Gleason. I'm rather torn on whether or not I liked this book.

I did like the writing, most of the characters, and the setting. Colleen Gleason paid attention to detail and I appreciate that. I like Angelica, but I don't like Voss, not even a little bit. He was cocky, selfish, annoying.. and what I don't get is, if he was so attracted to Angelica  why he was still having sex with other women! I can't see why Angelica was attracted to him at all.

But... I still enjoyed it and I can't really explain why lol (I'm horrible at blogging!) but I liked it in the end and will be reading the sequels in the trilogy.

My Rating
 ___________________

This counts as book 12 for:





and 2 for:

1 comment:

  1. I've got this series but I haven't given it a go yet; I'll probably get round to it. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...