Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Review: Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater



Book Name: Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: Paranormal Fiction, Young Adult

Mini Book Synopsis

Grace is a teenager living in Mercy Falls, Minnesota. There are wolves in the woods behind her house, but Grace senses they are not ordinary wolves. As she becomes more obsessed with them, she finds out that there's a lot more under their furry little surfaces...


My Thoughts

This was really my first time reading a young adult novel and any book written by Maggie Stiefvater. I was not disappointed! I loved this book. I've always been interested in werewolves and shape-shifters in general. (I love animals!) Sam, Grace's love interest, made an interesting character as a werewolf. I really liked the whole idea of the were-humans becoming were-wolves when it gets cold. This book had me teary eyed at parts! The suspense of not knowing when or where Sam might change had me biting my nails the whole way through. All in all this book got me sucked into its world, and I can't wait to read the sequel.

My Rating




3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to read this and Linger sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it! Just a fun little read. Hopefully Linger is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Linger :). Loved Shiver. It made me cry too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...