Saturday, January 29, 2011

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Book Title: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games 1)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia
Buy it from Amazon: The Hunger Games


Synopsis:

Katniss Everdeen is a sixteen year old living in the country known as Panem, which consists of the Capitol and 12 outlying Districts. Every year each district much chose a boy and girl "tribute" to take part in the Capitol's brutal reality show called the Hunger Games. When Katniss hears her younger sister's name as this year's girl tribute, Katniss immediately volunteers to take her place. For almost every "tribute" this is a death sentence, but tough, self-sufficient Katniss is not going down without a fight. Unfortunately the game becomes about more than just surviving to the end.


My Thoughts:

There is no way I can come up with words to do this book justice. It was awesome! I'm rarely ever drawn into a book by the first page but this one did it. I had no idea what to expect but I was not disappointed. I was reading it at any available minute and did not want to put it down. Even though this book is YA and the main character is a teenager, I did not find it to be at all pretentious or annoying. I felt like I was in her shoes and could relate to Katniss immediately.

I was so sad when it ended and I'm so upset with myself for not buying Catching Fire at the same time as the Hunger Games. I cannot wait until I get my hands on it.

I would suggest this to everyone!





My Rating





1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you enjoyed it as much as I did! My mum borrowed my copy and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...